Summer White Jumpsuit Look
Happy 3rd week of June! Summer is off to a rolling start – as are all the Summer-white looks flooding social media and the streets.
White is the the perfect Summer color – it looks fresh and crisp, goes perfectly with a tan, and lends itself well to bright colors – which are also the epitome of beach-y and sunny weather.
One of the most fun ways to wear white is in a one-piece – like a jumpsuit, and accessorize it with bright accents – i.e. shoes, jewelry and handbags.
I wanted to share a cute Summer-white look that I styled with yet another Gal Meets Glam Collection favorite – the Sawyer Jumpsuit.
I’m a firm believer that every woman should own at least one jumpsuit in their wardrobe. It’s a one-and-done look – just accessorize it and you’re ready to go out. Most of the time, if chosen to fit your shape, it looks sexy and is comfortable on as it moves with you.
I’m sharing a few stylist tips on how to choose the best jumpsuits below, as well as this outfit formula’s styling and shopping details.
My 3 key tips for choosing the best jumpsuit are:
- Color. Since it’s a piece that will take a lot of real estate on your body, choosing a color that you’re confident in is key. I usually recommend a power-color – one that either contrasts or compliments your complexion and eyes. For example, if your eyes are green, a purple or orange color will make them pop; if your eyes are brown, blue will be a great accent. Blue eyes are the perfect companion to most browns and reds. These are just a few suggestions – but a Color Analysis will reveal more details, so if you’re curious, it’s a great place to start!
- Silhouette. Most body types benefit from a waist-defining element, like a belt, darts, pleats or peplums that cinch at the narrowest spot. Pant leg is also a variable in the shape of the garment – those with a little more width or flare can help balance broader shoulders, while tapered ankle lengths are perfect for elongating your legs and looking more elegant.
- Fabric. Because you’d want the jumpsuit to be both comfortable and have enough drape, your fabric choice is important. Natural fibers and fabric blends are great options for Summer – they breathe better and don’t feel stiff. Jersey knits are always a good idea as they have a bit of stretch, and when in doubt about sheerness, go for something lined – it will also be more structured and feel better on.
The ingredients to this look are:
- The Jumpsuit. This one is by Gal Meets Glam Collection, and the style is called “Sawyer” (and it’s currently on Sale!) I love the slightly cropped pant leg length, and the bows at the waist – which are the perfect accents. The collar is also very chic and sophisticated.
- A pair of flat sandals. I’ve been wearing these Tory Burch Miller Sandals non-stop. They’re comfortable and look clean and polished with everything from shorts to dresses.
- A pair of fun earrings. This pair is also by Kingston Jewellery (similar to the ones from my previous post — I told you I love her designs!) I picked a blue and white design to go with this outfit as it picks up both the color of the jumpsuit and the color of the shoes, and uses the concept of “linking” to tell a story.
- Easy handbag. This Louis Vuitton Damier Azur Pochette Wristlet actually came with my Neverfull Caryall, and is a nice Summer going-out and during the day bag that fits quite a few essentials.
This look works well for a special occasion – like a Baby Shower or Birthday Party (or an All-White Summer Party) – just switch your shoes out for pumps or espadrilles, and throw on a little more bling to glam it up.
I hope this inspires you to try the Jumpsuit in some of your Summer looks! Please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Leslie Moncada