Markdown Mondays: A Dress for Every Occasion
Happy 2nd week of Spring! As the weather finally starts to get warmer (fingers crossed!), and bundling up isn’t as important, it’s finally a great time to pull out my favorite wardrobe staples – dresses!
A dress is an outfit in and of itself – where oftentimes all you need to complete it is some jewelry, a pair of shoes and a coat (optional later on this season).
For today’s #MarkdownMondays style collage, I found 5 amazing dress options – from a simple fit-and-flare to a vegan leather A-Line to a summery fruit-print shirt dress – all perfect for any Spring-time occasion.
Check out my picks below:
- A vegan leather black dress never goes out of style. It’s classy and polished, and this short-sleeve A-Line version from Rebecca Taylor flatters most figure types – with its high waist and draping skirt. Pair it with a cute pair of sandals, pumps or flats for the office – or even converse sneakers or espadrilles for a cool weekend look.
- This Lace Trim Flare Dress by Ann Taylor in “coral blaze” is an absolute Spring wardrobe must-have. Its color is universally flattering – and feminine without being overly girly. You can pair it with a some nude heels or sandals, or a contrasting flat – for a myriad of looks.
- My personal favorite piece from this collage is this unique Chambray Trench Dress by Banana Republic. It looks like a trench but acts like a dress – how fun! Very flattering belted silhouette, the dress borrows the best qualities of the trench coat (put-together, professional yet feminine feel). and it comes in a light chambray fabric with a touch of elegance. Another must-have! You can pair it with some cute Josefinas velvet sneakers or a classic shoe silhouette – to change up the vibe. And on rainy yet warm days you’ll have everyone fooled into thinking you’re actually wearing a trench coat!
- As a Spring-to-Summer transition piece, this Fruit Salad Tunic Dress from Anthropologie fits the bill perfectly. As most fashionistas know, white doesn’t need to be reserved for Summer only – so rocking this piece in the Spring is perfect and unexpected. Fun & flirty both in the print and in silhouette, this is a great option for a Spring date with some espadrilles and jean jacket (or leather jacket if it’s still too cold for denim), and will be your go-to when Summer concerts and brunches roll around!
- As for a special-occasion/formal piece this Season, I love this L.K. Bennett Loena Print Dress. Its midi length and low v-cut in the front give it a combination of modesty and sexiness. The print is great for mixing with both dark & light colors – and the fabric makes it feel luxurious, with a full skirt & synched waist creating the perfect figure definition. And it’s almost 50% off its original price!
What is your favorite piece from this style digest? Would love to hear in the comments below! And as always, if you’d like to schedule a personalized session with me, please don’t hesitate to reach out!