The Perfect Indian Summer to Fall Outfit
Happy September! After April (which is my Birthday month), September is my 2nd favorite month as it carries the warmth of the Summer without the excessive heat (for the most part). It also brings with it the turning leaves, the Fall chilly nights and layers.
One of my favorite clothing pieces is the jacket layer; I don’t subscribe to the notion of having just one that goes with everything; contrary to that, I think it’s such an important part of the outfit, that the more options you have, the more fun you can have with your looks. My wardrobe of jackets ranges from suede and leather motos, to sleek coats, to denim and knit jackets, and tons in between. I’m somewhat of a collector of leather and suede jackets specifically; since I wear them all the time, I consider them a good investment – and usually pick them in colors other than black. I’ve styled a few of my favorites in this post, this post, this post, this post, this post and this post — so be sure to check them out if you’re interested in getting some inspiration on how you can style yours (and which colors to consider).
For today’s outfit post, I put together a suede Moto Jacket by Blank NYC — which is one of my favorite brands with a very approachable price point for the category – to create an elegant and feminine look that can transition perfectly from Summer to Fall.
The exact ingredients of this look are:
- The Suede Moto Jacket. This Blank NYC one from Anthropologie comes in a variety of colors and the fit is very flattering – a little edgy but not devoid of femininity. I also curated a few other options (including some non-suede ones) – check them out below.
- A Pair of Pink Ballet Flats. I shared here about these special Josefina’s flats that I received as a gift from the brand before the store closed (so sad as it was such a gorgeous little NYC gem). I found a few similar styles from other brands – curated below. I love that the pink color adds a feminine touch to the look, and pairs well with the other colors of the outfit, picking up some of the pink in the dress print; it also creates a touch of girly whimsy – and when styled with a slightly more edgy moto and maxi dress, it balances the look out nicely.
- A Classic Bag. My Chanel Jumbo Patent Leather Flap bag goes with literally everything. See a few of my favorites from their newest Fall arrivals below.
- A Pleated Maxi Dress. I was debating purchasing this Encanta Abstract Maxi Dress as I don’t usually wear long dresses for practicality reasons – hint-hint, running around with my 18 month old (#momlife). But I couldn’t resist the elongating effect of the pleats and the elevated waist, which creates just the perfect proportions. It also moves so beautifully when you walk, and doesn’t need heels to feel dressy. I adore the color palette – it transitions from Summer to Fall with just changing out the layers (for Summer, you can pair with white or blue denim jacket, or wear as is). The neckline detail is also a beautiful extra touch. Oh, and did I mention it’s on SALE! Grab yours while there are still sizes available!
- A Sleek Necklace. A little touch of sparkle is just what this dress needs. It’s tricky wearing jewelry with patterned high-neck silhouettes, so I always opt for a small necklace that just adds a little personality without overwhelming or distracting.
- A Pair of Fun Sunglasses (optional). I’ve been wearing these Dolce & Gabbana Cat-Eye Floral ones with literally everything from simple white tees and shorts to dresses and jumpsuits. They express my creative style quite perfectly. I found a few similar styles – see below!
I hope this inspires you add a Moto Suede Jacket to your wardrobe and style it for Fall! Please feel free to share the outfits you create via Instagram, using hashtag #ModnitsaOutfit in your posts, and I’ll be sure repost them on my stories!
Photography by Leslie Moncada