5 Ways You Can Save Time & Money with My Personal Styling & Shopping Services
I hear over and over again from my clients that one of the main reasons they hire a Personal Stylist/Shopper is because, despite the initial investment in the styling package, it saves them time & money in the long run. The way I structure my services is always with a goal in mind to help my clients become savvier shoppers and dressers, teaching them what to look for when shopping on their own, and maximizing the effectiveness of their shopping by providing them guidance and support along the way.
Here are 5 of the best reasons why using my Personal Styling and Shopping Services will save you lots of time and money:
- LAYING SOLID GROUNDWORK. Through my first two services – Style Development and Color Analysis, you will learn what makes your style unique and authentic, and how to dress best for your figure type, lifestyle and workplace – using colors that will always make you look your best, choosing fabrics that are flattering and patterns, textures and silhouettes of clothing that will have longevity in your wardrobe. I take the time to learn as much as I can about you – what you love and dislike about clothes, what kinds of outfits make you happy, and through various styling techniques and visual exercises, we come up with an actionable style formula for you that creates a solid base for our wardrobe building work together. Having a style profile & knowing what works best for you helps you save money as you can now avoid costly shopping mistakes.
- LEARNING HOW TO MAKE SMART SHOPPING DECISIONS. Shopping smart is part setting a budget and a clear list of items you want to acquire, and part deciding where to splurge and where to save. I teach you how to calculate cost-per-wear and how to think in terms of outfits instead of individual pieces – this way everything you buy is on-point with your style, your budget, and most importantly, has a place in your wardrobe with at least 2 or 3 other pieces so that it doesn’t end up hanging there not getting worn. I’m always out and about doing research and collecting inspiration so that I can bring it to you in the form of best recommendations. Whatever your budget, I’ll recommend the best stores for the job – not compromising quality in the process. I’m equally comfortable shopping at Bergdorf Goodman as I am at Century 21 – so whatever your lifestyle requires, I help you maximize your budget to purchase a great selection of pieces you love that will last you for years.
- SHOPPING YOUR CLOSET. One of the things we’ll do together as part of the Closet Edit/Review is look at all your clothes through the prism of the criteria we’ll go over during the Style Development Session, and apply various style concepts like cuffing, tucking, layering, etc. to create fresh looks with what you already own. Chances are – there are outfits in your closet that you haven’t put together yet, and this exercise gives you a great new way of looking at your existing pieces – and offering them a fresh life. Of course the more outfits we create – the less new clothing we’ll need to buy, and this also helps us pinpoint exactly what’s missing – which makes our Personal Shopping time together that much more effective.
- USING THE POWER OF THE “PRE-SHOP”. Many of my clients are busy professionals, parents, business owners, CEO’s, and I truly value their time. This is why I usually spend about 1/3 of our scheduled time for each Personal Shopping Session “pre-shopping” – which means I arrive at the stores we choose to visit early, curate a selection based on our shopping list, set the items up in the dressing rooms so that they’re ready to be tried on as soon as you get there. This way there is no aimless wandering around the stores, and I continue to bring items into the dressing room as needed. We purchase only the most amazing pieces that you love.
- ACCESS TO SPECIAL DISCOUNTS. I’m always on the lookout for what’s best for my clients, and over the course of the past 8 years of being in business, I have been lucky enough to build strong relationships with various retailers across New York City that offer amazing discounts to my clients (anywhere between 20-30% off!) As my list of retail partners grows, shopping with me becomes virtually “free” as one of my clients had put it – as the discount you receive more than makes up for my styling fee!
Interested in hiring me to help you shop smarter & build a visual image & wardrobe you love that truly projects who you are to the world? Send me a note so we can chat about how I can assist you!