Mother’s Day Guide 2016
My gift-giving philosophy as a Wardrobe Stylist & Personal Shopper has always been to go the “custom-tailored” route. Everyone appreciates a thoughtful gift, and knowing your gift recipient is key of course. While it can be a bit challenging to find exact wardrobe pieces for your mom for mother’s day, accessories, makeup, fragrance and jewelry are great choices.
I consider myself a color enthusiast when it comes to helping my clients define their style, so anything that brings a color accent to their wardrobe would be my recommendation – especially as we’re entering Spring and Summer, and brighter colors are in all the stores. If you’re unsure of the colors to pick, try to choose pieces that would really complement your mom’s natural coloring: if she’s very fair, look for softer shades; if she has bold features with high contrast, fun and bright colors would work well.
Below, please see my Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2016!
- Rebecca Taylor patched leather jacket for the youthful urban mom. She’ll rock it with her white jeans and silk top for the summer (and some heels or flats – depending on the occasion).
- Satya Jewelry Earth and Moon Mandala Necklace in Gold for the spiritual jewelry-lover mom. It will bring her faith and grounding with the tree of life on the front.
- Kate Spade Orchard Street Penelope Cross-Body Bag. This one is perfect for the color-loving mom – and comes in a multitude of bright shades, perfect for the summer (the one featured in this collage is in Grace Blue).
- Sephora Deluxe Perfume Sampler for the fragrance-lover mom. This set contains mini versions of 12 premium fragrances AND a Scent Certificate to redeem for one full bottle of their favorite. The set includes: Atelier Cologne Sud Magnolia Cologne Absolue, Burberry Eau de Toilette, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau de Toilette, Chloe Love Story Eau de Parfum, Elizabeth & James Nirvana White Eau de Parfum, Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Eau de Parfum, Gucci Bamboo Eau de Parfum, Philosophy Fragrance Amazing Grace Eau de Toilette and Tory Burch Tory Burch Eau de Parfum.
- Juliette Provence Rosé by Maison de Domaine de La Sanglière for the wine-lover mom. It’s a delicious and crisp wine, that has an initial fruit-forward taste of raspberries and berries that give the wine an attractive open feel. It’s refreshing and elegant, bone dry with layers of lively fruit and bright with a smooth finish – just the way a Rosé from Southern France should be. It’s an excellent standalone aperitif, and also exceptional with food and pairs well with different types of cuisines.
When in a complete bind, a gift card is good to cover your bases – even if just to supplement a flower bouquet. Or, leave the shopping to someone else entirely with a gift of a Personal Styling & Shopping Session. It goes a long way & allows your mom to truly define and polish her style AND get some new pieces to update her wardrobe.