Markdown Mondays: Spring with J.Crew
Happy day-after-Mother’s Day Monday – hope everyone’s Mother’s Day was beautiful & full of love!
After being away from NYC for 3 weeks, in destinations with a more moderate Mediterranean climate (like Barcelona, Rome and Cinque Terre, to name a few), I’m surprised to find New York weather forgetting that it’s time for Spring! So for today’s #MarkdownMondays style collage, I perused one of my favorite retailers, J.Crew, to find gorgeous Spring pieces to attract a better forecast (here’s to wishful thinking!)
Check out my style picks below:
- Starting out with this stunning Tie-Waist Skirt in Seaside Floral. The skirt sits up at the waist and has the perfect knee length with a flirty bow in the front. The print is gorgeous and pairs well with both solids (think tee’s, light sweaters + jean jackets) – or patterns, like the stripes it’s featured with.
- Speaking of stripes, this New Perfect Fit T-Shirt in Stripes is adorable and is a Spring/Summer must-have. It lends itself to any outfit to add a little touch of French romance to the mix. I plan on getting a few, and wearing them with white jeans or tucked into a high-waisted pair of shorts or pleated midi skirt.
- My personal fave from this collage is this pair of High-Waisted Shorts in Elephant Print. They’re pretty & fun, and will go well with one of this Season’s persistent trends – the cold shoulder top, incorporating other feminine touches like ruffles and lace into the mix to make your outfit polished for after-work drinks or weekend brunch. Equally beautiful when worn with sandals or espadrilles, and the front pleats make them comfortable too!
- Spring and Summer call for more relaxed silhouettes that don’t cling, and this pair of Slim Boyfriend Jeans is the ideal fit for relaxing in and pairing with white sneakers, sandals or even flip-flops! Cuff them as featured for an extra casual chic.
- To finish off a Spring-Summer look, you need a pair of versatile, light-weight and breathable shoes that are equal parts comfy and chic. These Collins Woven-Leather Loafers give a feminine touch to a traditional menswear shoe. Wear them with all of the pieces in this collage – and you’ll feel instantly ready for the Season!
What is your favorite piece from this style digest? Would love to hear in the comments below! And as always, if you’d like to schedule a personalized session with me, please don’t hesitate to reach out!