Markdown Mondays: Spring Silhouette
Happy Monday – hope your Holiday Weekend was spectacular!
With this weekend’s weather being up in the 70s & 80s in NYC, I definitely felt like Spring had turned into Summer. It happens so quickly this time of year, that its imperative to have your wardrobe ready to transition.
Oftentimes, the key to having your wardrobe pieces work well as the weather changes is in their silhouette.
For this week’s #MarkdownMondays style collage, I selected 5 items (clothing and accessories) that have great movement in their silhouettes, making them versatile and Spring-Summer perfect.
Check out my picks below:
- Starting out with this gorgeous Drake’s for J.Crew tiled shoulder dress in elephant tile print. It’s flowy & bright – and pairs well with a jean jacket and scarf for chillier days, or can be worn on it’s own with wedges & bangles around your wrist to keep your neck open – bringing more attention to the unique print.
- For days you can’t play hookie and have to go into the office (bummer!) we have this pretty Riley-Fit Stripe Sleeveless Ruffle Shirt from Banana Republic. It works well with jeans (tucked-in) or with cropped pants. Pair with heels or flats for a variety of looks – taking your outfit from business-classy to cocktail-chic in a New York minute.
- My personal fave from this collage is this Matte Jersey Bell Sleeve Top from Ann Taylor. Yellow is one of my favorite colors (and YES, it does work for everyone – if chosen in the right shade & tone, as we identify during my Color Analysis Sessions). It’s the color of optimism, and really fills the room with the energy of positivity – opening others to that energy when you wear it. The curved neckline, flirty sleeves & slightly oversized silhouette of this top bring feminine polish to the piece – so you can wear it with your skirts, pants, jeans or shorts with equal ease and elegance.
- Wedges are much sturdier and more comfortable than heels, and a versatile pair of wedge sandals is a must for the Spring-Summer transition. These Daisy Wedges from Kate Spade with a funky denim pom-pom at the front and lace-up ankle straps will (literally) elevate your outfit (4.25″ to be exact)! And they’re on a very good sale ($104.25 reduced from original $198!)
- To finish off a Spring-Summer look, a pair of statement earrings is necessary to have at your disposal. This Season, “conversation” earrings are definitely having a moment – and these Luce Tassel Drop Earrings from Anthropologie will speak volumes about your style, and will make an amazing addition to your wardrobe.
What is your favorite piece from this style digest? Would love to hear in the comments below! And as always, if you’d like to schedule a personalized session with me, please don’t hesitate to reach out!